Skip to main content

F-1 Student Change of Status

Nonimmigrants in the U.S. may or may not be permitted to study depending on their current immigration status. Those seeking a change of status to F-1 are required to contact the International Student Office for more information regarding their current status and eligibility to change to an F-1 status. It is highly recommended to seek the advice of an immigration attorney for assistance with the change of status application.

Important note: B1/B2 (visitor) status holders are prohibited by United States law from pursuing a full-time course of study prior to approval of a change of status to F-1. Visit: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).