Skip to main content


Q. If I'm not currently a student, can I apply for a Study Abroad Program?

A. Yes, however, each program has a significant academic component. Acceptance
to the program will be contingent upon registration for the appropriate study abroad courses.

Q. Will I need a passport?

A. Yes. If you are not a U.S. citizen, check with your government's consulate, as well as the consulate of the country to which you are traveling to determine if you need a visa. You are responsible for all arrangements related to the visa.

Q. What if I get ill while abroad?

A. All study abroad students are covered by Study Abroad Medical Insurance. The policy covers hospitalization, doctor visits, evacuation, and repatriation of remains.

Q. Can I use U.S. dollars abroad?

A. Generally, no. But in most cases, you can use your ATM and credit cards. You will be able to convert dollars to local currency with your ATM card. Be sure to advise your bank that you will be out of the United States. Failure to do so may "flag" your card and make it unusable.

Q. How many faculty members will be traveling with me?

A. We require one faculty member per 16 students.

Q. Where will I be staying?

A. Accommodations will vary from dormitories to hotels to shared apartments. See specific program information for details.

Q. How is payment made?

A. You may pay by check or MC/Visa. MC/Visa will incur an additional 3% service fee.  We do not accept American Express.

Q. How will I know what clothes to take?

A. A pre-departure orientation session will cover travel-related questions.

Q. Can I travel to other places/countries during the Study Abroad program?

A. No, you must participate fully in the study abroad program and adhere to its schedule. However, after the program is over, you are more than welcome to travel on your own and return to the United States at a later time.

Study Abroad Programs