The Get There From Here application is currently open for fall 2022 scholarships.
Please read this section carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Standardized downloadable pdf application forms are listed in the requirements section below.
Continuing Suffolk Student Application Requirements:
|New Suffolk Student Application Requirements:
In order to be considered for the "Get There From Here" scholarship, new students must have applied and been accepted to the College and must submit:
How to Apply
- Fill out the entire scholarship application and save the file as Lastname_Firstname.pdf then email it as an attachment to GTFH@sunysuffolk.edu with “Scholarship Application” as the subject line.
- Submitting Transcripts:
- Save the transcript file as Lastname_Firstname Transcript.pdf.
- Email as an attachment to GTFH@sunysuffolk.edu with “Scholarship Transcripts” as the subject line or mail to:
Get There From Here Scholarship Fund
Attn: Thomas Law
Suffolk County Community College
533 College Road
Selden, NY 11784
Continuing Suffolk students: submit Suffolk unofficial transcript.
New students: submit official high school transcript, SAT/ACT scores and college transcripts.
- Letters of recommendation:
- Request two letters of recommendation emailed as attachments to GTFH@sunysuffolk.edu.
- The first letter of recommendation must be from an academic/educational source and must be emailed from their school email account.
- The second letter of recommendation, if not from an instructor/advisor, must be emailed from an official organization email account. *Emails from yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc. will not be accepted.
The student must have filed an annual FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Preference will be given to students registered to attend Suffolk County Community College full-time. At its discretion, the Foundation may elect to award a very limited number of scholarships to part-time students who exhibit outstanding potential. As long as all scholarship requirements and scholar expectations continue to be met (inclusive of filing an annual FAFSA form) and the student remains continuously enrolled at Suffolk County Community College with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, the scholarship is renewable for up to a maximum of five semesters, or until the student graduates.
For consideration, please submit this application and all supporting documents by May 27, 2022. For assistance with a scholarship application please email GTFH@sunysuffolk.edu or call (631) 851-6847.
Get There From Here Brochure