Whether you are starting college for the first time or returning to education after a break, Suffolk County Community College offers programs and services to help you reach your educational goals.
We offer a wide variety of degree and certificate programs as well as flexible class schedules to help make attending college more convenient. Our courses are offered during the day, early morning, evening, weekend, and many are available online.
Next, have your official high school transcript or high school equivalency diploma with scores sent to the Central Admissions Office. Request and submit official transcripts from all prior colleges you have attended.
If you submit a college transcript showing a degree earned, a high school transcript is not required.
Applicants without a high school diploma or high school equivalency can still apply for admission. For more information, see Admissions Procedures.
Readmission/Returning to Suffolk
Readmission is required for students who meet any of the following criteria:
- You applied and were accepted to SCCC but never attended.
- You were accepted to SCCC and attended, but since have not been enrolled for two or more consecutive semesters.
- You were academically dismissed from SCCC and were de-matriculated from your program.
- You graduated from SCCC and want to matriculate into a new degree or certificate program.
Students who wish to reapply for matriculated status in a degree or certificate program need to submit a request for readmission. Download the Readmission Request Form and submit it to the Central Admissions Office.
Suffolk County Community College
533 College Road
Selden, NY 11784-2899
For additional information, see the New Student Guide to Enrollment.
- Prior Learning Assessment
- College Level Exam Program (CLEP)
- Additional information about transferring to Suffolk
- Returning to Suffolk
- Just taking a few courses
- Joint Admissions Agreements
- Articulation Agreements with four-year partner colleges and universities.
- Scholarship and grant opportunities