You Served. We Honor.Suffolk County Community College has a long history of assisting veterans not only in maximizing their benefits, but also in supporting a successful transition to college life and achieving their educational and personal goals. Suffolk embraces the leadership skills and many other unique qualities military service members bring to our institution. With Veterans’ Clubs on each of our three campuses our student Veterans play a vital role in our tri-campus community.
With a wide variety of programs: associate degrees and shorter-term certificates in many career and transfer programs as well as extensive workforce training and development programs, SCCC stands ready to serve our returning Veterans.
Here are some more key points on how choosing SCCC will benefit you:
- Suffolk offers affordable tuition, which is covered by the GI Bill* and tuition assistance, most times resulting in little to no out-of-pocket expenses
- A Veterans Resource Center with dedicated professionals is available on each campus to assist you with the process of transitioning from military to college life and beyond
- Although we are the largest multi-campus community college in SUNY, we offer small class sizes
- Liberal withdrawal policy for military activations and deployments
- Tuition Payment Plan fee waived for Veterans
- Workforce training: Through our Advanced Manufacturing Training Center (AMTC) you can receive immediate training, gain national credentials and work-ready skills in areas including advanced welding, machining, quality control, mechanical assembly, blueprint reading and more