Office of Academic Affairs
The Office of Academic Affairs is committed to upholding the mission of Suffolk County Community College by providing leadership and support in ensuring quality academic programs and policies in service to the College community of faculty, students, and staff. Specifically, the Office of Academic Affairs provides administrative vision and direction, advocacy, assessment structures, and support for all academic departments and programs.
- Provide guidance and oversight for curriculum development, articulation agreements, instructional modalities, and class scheduling consistent with community and workforce needs and in support of academic quality and student success;
- Develop, communicate, coordinate, and implement all academic policies and procedures to provide consistency throughout the College to serve the needs of all students;
- Organize and lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive and sustained system of learning assessment and program evaluation in collaboration with faculty and staff;
- Serve as advocates for students, faculty, academic departments, programs, and the administration, to promote policies, procedures, and allocation of resources that respond to the needs of all college stakeholders;
- Provide enhanced opportunities for full-time and adjunct faculty professional development;
- Provide academic support as well as enriched learning opportunities for students; and
- Represent the Office of Academic Affairs within the College, and locally, regionally, nationally, with the State University of New York, and all accreditation agents, to enhance communication, to establish “best practices,” and to promote the college and its mission.