SCCC Notice: For Tuesday 1/27 and Wednesday 1/28 all day and evening classes and activities for all campuses are cancelled.
Applying for AidTo receive full consideration for all financial aid programs, we urge you to apply by April 15 for the fall semester and by November 15 if you are entering in the spring semester. For all the major financial aid programs, including PELL, SEOG, TAP, APTS, loans, etc. Follow these steps to apply:
- All aid applicants must be matriculated in a degree or certificate program. Only courses that are required for your degree program are eligible for financial aid.
- You and your *parent must obtain a federal PIN (Personal Identification Number), in order to sign the FAFSA electronically. Apply for a PIN on the Web at Federal Student Aid PIN.
*Parent information is required unless you meet the criteria for independence.
- Complete the FAFSA:
File electronically at FAFSA on the Web. Each campus has a Computer Lab where assistance is available. Note that our Title IV School Codes are:
- 002878 - Ammerman Campus
- 014153 - Eastern Campus
- 013204 - Grant Campus
- If you are requesting a loan and you are a first time borrower at Suffolk County Community College, you must complete an Entrance Interview either by using online loan counseling at www.studentloans.gov or in person at your campus Financial Aid Office.
- After you submit FAFSA, apply for the New York State TAP grant by clicking on State Aid Link on the confirmation page.
- To apply for a NYS Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) award, you must complete an APTS application in addition to the FAFSA. Return the application and a signed copy of your NY State Tax Return to your campus Financial Aid Office. If you are a dependent, please also include your parent's return.