Suffolk County Community College curricula are registered by the New York State Department of Education. The College is authorized to award the Associate in Arts degree, the Associate in Science degree and the Associate in Applied Science degree as established by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York as well as the Certificate of Completion.
Suffolk County Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000) www.msche.org. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Suffolk County Community College has academic programs accredited by the following agencies:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Occupational Therapy Association (ACOTE)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Commission on Accrediting in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP)/Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP)
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)