There are two open computer areas on campus: the Learning Resource Center Grant (LRCG) Information Commons, and the Business and Technology Lab.
LRCG Information Commons - Learning Resource Center's first floor, Information Commons Area
Business and Technology Lab - Nesconset Building room N11A
All Academic Computing facilities have access to the Internet, MS Office 2016 Software, as well as software that supports the curriculum at the college, several browser choices for Internet access, printing (printing limits apply, see Printing Policies and Procedures), and scanning. 3D printing is available at the LRCG Tech Help Desk.
Within the LRCG’s Information Commons area there is a Tech Help Desk where professional technical assistance is available. Some of the services offered at the Tech Help Desk are: help setting your email to your mobile device, connecting to the college’s wireless network, installing the SCCC Mobile App, downloading a FREE version of Office 365 for your personal devices, as well as assistance with any other academic technology needs.
The Business and Technology Lab is available for business, computer science/information technology students. *Student ID card is required to use this lab.
*You are required to have an SCCC ID card with you when you are on campus. To obtain an ID card, go to Public Safety in the North Cottage (M-F from 8am-8pm).
LRCG Information Commons
The LRCG Information Commons is open when the LRCG building is open. There is help available at the Tech Help Desk when classes are in session. Please refer to the College Academic Calendar for holiday closings.
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am – 9:45pm
Friday: 7:30am – 7:15pm
Saturday: 7:30am – 5:45pm
Sunday: 11:30am – 3:45pm
Phone: (631) 851-6356/6556
Business and Technology Lab*
Monday - Thursday: 9:00am – 9:15pm
Friday: 11:30am –7:30pm
Saturday : 8:00am – 4:00pm
Phone: (631) 851-7726
*Student ID card is required to use this lab.
- Please sign in with your MySCCC username and password (guest users can set up a guest account at the circulation desk) and answer the questions that appear on the screen after you log in, before you start using the computers.
- NO food is allowed in the LRCG. Students may bring in lidded or capped drinks (no cans or open cups).
- Academic use of computers take priority over personal work.
- Staff has the right to limit your access to computers based on time constraints, nature of software and applications, and equipment and software availability.
- The computer facilities and services are to be used for completing course work, creating resumes, and for personal enrichment. Business or for-profit use is not permitted.
- A valid student ID card is required to use the Business and Technology Lab. It is college policy to require all students to have an ID card present at all times. You may be asked to show a student ID and a photo ID under certain circumstances.
- All printing is to be done double-sided. If you are required to print Power Point lessons or PDFs, assigned by the instructor, you must print 6 slides per page double-sided. Be aware of copyright issues when printing material. Other printing limits may apply.
- Under no circumstances can the computer facilities’ personnel do any work for you, academic or personal.
- Never turn computers or monitors ON or OFF. If you are experiencing a problem, ask the Tech Help Desk staff for assistance.
- Incoming or outgoing cell phone calls must be made in the LRCG lobby or outside the building. Users must be quiet and respectful of other users and the staff.
- By signing in to use the lab, you acknowledge that you have read and fully understand these policies and procedures, as well as the approved IT Utilization Policies.
In an effort to better serve all our users, making good use of College resources and being environmentally conscious, the following printing policies are in place at the Academic Computer Centers:
- Double-sided printing – The default printing at the Academic Computer Centers is double sided. You may have your instructor contact us if this is not allowed for your class.
- Black and white – Unless it is necessary (art students for example) students must print in black and white.
- Power Point or PDF printing of 6 Slides per page – Set your slides to print 6 slides per page.
- Limit of 5 copies per work –There is a limit of 5 copies to be printed at the computer area. Additional copies can be made using the copy machines available in the LRCG at a charge of 15 cents per copy.
- Printing limit of 20 pages – Printing long labs, catalogs, book chapters (in violation of copyright), extensive nursing packages or long non-academic work is not allowed. Printouts of more than 20 pages will be stopped and cancelled.
Please ask a professional assistant at the Tech Help Desk if you need help printing.
Academic Computing Center
LRCG Tech Help Desk
LRCG Building – Information Commons
Phone: (631) 851-6356
or (631) 851-6556