The Eastern Campus Academic Computing Center (ACC) consists of three Windows-based computer classrooms, two Macintosh computer classrooms and on Open Computer Lab, containing both platforms.
When visiting the ACC, please adhere to the Center Policies. Users can access the internet and SCCC Student Portal from every computer in the ACC. All of the software loaded on the Center's computers supports the curriculum at the Eastern Campus.
At least one staff member is on duty to provide technical assistance to the users during the open hours. We make every effort to provide a clean, relaxed work environment for all users of the Center.
Windows classrooms: Orient 201, Orient 204, Orient 237
Mac classrooms: Orient 200, Orient 205, Orient 233
Open Computer Lab: Orient 237A
It is College and Department Policy to require all students to have an ID card present at all times when using the labs.
The center is open when classes are in session. Please refer to the College Academic Calendar for holiday closings.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Please sign in and out at the computer station located in room O-234.
- No eating or drinking permitted in the Computing Center.
- Academic uses take the highest priority
- Staff has the right to limit your access to computers based on time constraints, nature of software and applications, and equipment availability.
- Please limit your stay to one hour during peak times.
- Individuals may use the Center for completing course work, creating their own resumes, and for personal enrichment. No business or for-profit applications are permitted.
- Virus prevention safeguards have been installed on all Windows and Mac computer workstations. Disks are automatically scanned when inserted into the computer.
- Academic Computing Center users and visitors should be of college age. In order to protect the interest of all users, young children are not permitted.
- You must be a currently enrolled student (contract courses included) to make full use of the center's instructional network. A student ID is required and a photo ID may be requested under certain circumstances.
- Unlicensed software is not allowed. Copying any software without the proper license is illegal and therefore, not allowed.
- Under no circumstances can the Center's personnel do any work for you, academic or personal.
- We are not liable for any data stored on networked drives since the security on Public drives are limited due to the nature of accessibility.
- In addition to the above policies please refer to the Network Utilization Policies.
- Never turn computers or monitors ON or OFF. If you are experiencing a problem, ask our Center's staff for assistance.
- No smoking, eating, or drinking is allowed. Incoming or outgoing cell phone calls must be made outside. Users must be quiet and respectful of others and the personnel.
- By signing in to use the lab, you acknowledge that you have read and fully understood these policies and procedures. Any individual who does not follow the policies and procedures listed above will lose all privileges.
Academic Computing Center
Phone: (631) 548-2612