Additional Academic Preparation
A need for additional academic preparation is defined by any one of the following:
- a high school average of 79 or below
- a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) (or)
- a non-high school graduate who is admitted to Suffolk through the Ability to Benefit program (or)
- placement at Suffolk in one or more developmental courses (or)
- a referral from an Educational Opportunity Center within the SUNY system
Potential for mastering college-level work is determined by a review of the student's high school record, all available test scores, and information about their extracurricular activities, hobbies, community activities, job history, and any other experiences that might indicate their potential for future success.