Suffolk County Community College News
For Immediate Release
Share This News Release
College Foundation Joins the Global #GivingTuesday Movement
The Suffolk Community College Foundation has joined #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide.
#GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick-off the holiday giving season. #GivingTuesday is December 1, this year.
The College Foundation has identified a variety of ways for individuals to express their generosity:
- · $5 a month can support hosting a student club meeting.
- · $10 a month can support transportation vouchers for students.
- · $20 a month can support purchasing lab equipment.
- · $50 a month can support an academic conference at Suffolk.
- · $100 can support Richard & Mary Morrison Foundation Student Hardship Fund.
- · $250 can support book fees.
- · $450 can support a student Applied Music Fee.
- · $1000 can support a student Child Care Fee.
- · volunteer time can support a student organization plan an academic trip
- · volunteer time to support faculty as guest lecturer in a course
- · volunteer time to support a student scholarship or transfer application
- · donate a non-perishable food item to support Suffolk County Community College Food Pantries: Ammerman Campus, Selden, NY Babylon Student Center 533 College Rd.Selden, NY 11784, 631-451-4812; Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. M-Th 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Friday; Michael J. Grant Campus, Captree Commons #110, 1001 Crooked Hill Rd., Brentwood, NY 11717, 631-851-6702, Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. M-F
Learn more about #GivingTuesday at: https://goo.gl/ohgjNA
The Suffolk Community College Foundation’s mission is to support student access to quality education and vocational skills training by providing scholarships, emergency loans and funding for program development.
The Foundation also engages alumni to maintain their connection to the college, to support foundation events, philanthropy, student mentorship and internship opportunities.